1 on 1 Conversation Practice
Start Date: January 2013
Do you need flexible conversation practice that fits into your schedule? 1 on 1 Conversation Practice can match you with a partner for English conversation and language practice. You must be available for a minimum of 2 hours per week for 12 weeks once you begin. Start Date:January 2013. If you are interested, please email Dunja Lukić at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call out for Volunteers: 1 on 1 Conversation Practice
We are looking for volunteers interested in being matched with a partner for practicing English through informal conversation and community participation. The program aims to foster integration of Newcomers in the community by matching established community members with people of similar interests, locations, or schedules. Volunteers are able to meet their Conversation Practice Partner in the community at agreed times and locations, to participate in activities such as:
- Discussing and touring major points of interest in the city
- Participate in community life and events e.g.: meet at market, go skating together, meet for coffee
- Talk about daily living and possible challenges your partner may face with new systems in their new home e.g. transportation, finding daycare, accessing community services etc.
- Meet at local library branch to discuss interesting current events, look at newspaper articles together
- Many more possibilities for you and your partner to explore
Time commitment: Volunteers and partners meet at least 2 hours per week for 12 weeks. Volunteers and partners will be matched at an initial meeting at IS-GW.
- Police record check is required
- Volunteers will be required to fill out an application form and meet with the Community Mobilizer at IS-GW
- Attendance at an orientation session at IS-GW and 2-3 program events such as potlucks
- Volunteers will be required to fill out and submit a short tracking sheet after each meeting.